Stephanie Pierce Carbonetti, CG®, is a full-time professional genealogist specializing in forensic genealogy, heir research, military repatriation, research & analysis, problem solving, writing and coaching. Geographic specialties include Chicago, Illinois, Kentucky and Great Lakes Region.
She is past president and quarterly editor of the Chicago Genealogical Society and currently serves as 1st VP of Programs. Since 2016, Stephanie has volunteered for Purple Hearts Reunited researching lost, stolen and misplaced military medals of valor to be returned to veterans or their families.
Stephanie feels so lucky to be working in the field she is so passionate about. She never passes up an opportunity to learn or to share her enthusiasm for genealogy with others.
National Institute of Genealogical Studies
National Institute of Genealogical Research (NIGR – now Gen-Fed)
Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP)
- Determining Kinship Reliably with the Genealogical Proof Standard
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Genetic Genealogy
- Fundamentals of Forensic Genealogy
- Beyond Fundamentals: Hands-on Forensic Genealogy
Forensic Genealogy Institute (CAFG)
- Becoming an Expert: Law and the Forensic Genealogist
Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG)
- Advanced Practicum (2 years)
Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR)
- Military Records I: U.S. Military Records
- Genealogy as a Profession
BA – Purdue University
MA – Loyola University of Chicago