In 2011, I turned my 20 year love of genealogy and my passion for research and investigation into a career, to work as a professional family history and genealogical researcher, specializing in locating known and unknown heirs, beneficiaries to estates, estranged family members. I earned a certificate in Genealogical Research from Boston University in 2016 and started Kin Connectors. I am so lucky to do what I do, I love my job!
• Boston University (5/2016-8/2016) Certificate in Genealogical Research Program
• ProGen 55 5/2022
• Forensic Genealogy Institute (2015) Attended Forensic Genealogy Master Practicum
• Michigan State University (2007-2009) MS in Law Enforcement Intelligence and Analysis ; Certificate in Homeland Security Studies
• BA in Social Science; Minor in English Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
• GRIP - Fundamentals of Forensic Genealogy (August 2021)
Kin Connectors, LLC – Founder and Lead Researcher (August 2016- Present)
• Owner of a Professional Genealogical Research firm that specializing in missing heir research, forensic genealogy and family histories
Assets International – Genealogical/Missing Heir Researcher (October 2011 – May 2016)
Located Missing Heirs
• Worked as in-house genealogical researcher, located hundreds of known and unknown heirs, beneficiaries to estates, estranged family members, mineral rights owners and others owed money.
• Prepared genealogical reports and charts for use by estate attorneys as well as narrative genealogies.
Courthouse and Internet Research
• Conducted internet as well as courthouse research analyzing probate documents and land records in order to identify estate heirs.
Due Diligence Searches
• Assisted estate attorney’s in completing due diligence searches for estate heirs as well as suppling current contact information in order to provide notice on estate matters.